tirsdag den 15. november 2011

Recycle

I recycle, my mother and father recycles and my nan isn't bothered. In Belgium it's mandatory to recycle and I love it. My mum have always been considerate when it came to the environment and after her and my new dad bought a house, everything got sorted. Paper, plastic, glass and potato-peals for the compost and once every now and then the special truck comes by and picks everything up and puts them in different compartments. I find it clever because recycling saves the environment and reusing glass and paper is rather easy and cost very little energy, a lot less then it costs to produce new items. Now I am not about to join Greenpeace due to the fact that I feel they are wasting the money they collect and get from sponsors and such but I do believe that we have to take care of the world we live in and if you can do something as a single person or household then I think it's a bit silly not to. It doesn't take that much longer to rinse off the marmalade jar and put it in a separate box or take the news papers and advertisements and put them aside in a pile. And then every so often just put them outside the door for someone to come pick it up. In some ways I find it silly that a country like Denmark, who is so concerned with the environment and has some of the highest 'green taxes' in the world to not make sorting and recycling mandatory like it is in Belgium.
(Green taxes: a car fuelled by gasoline costs more annually than a diesel driven car, the bigger the car and the more CO2 it produces, the more expensive it is - clever eh?)
I have informed Steve that once we get a house I want a compost. He thinks it's silly but I have agreed to take care of the garden so a compost would be my job therefore he has nothing to say :P

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar