søndag den 6. november 2011

Second hand

I have to say, I love thrift stores, or second hand stores as the are mostly called. I like to think that everything has a meaning and a purpose here in life and if the item is collecting dust in a drawer and just taking up space it's wasting it's purpose. It might be nothing to you but it could be something special to someone else. I have bought some of my best things in thrift stores or I have gotten it from the closet of some old relative that didn't have a use for it or hadn't used it for years. I have several times, especially just before I moved to Belgium, cleared out in my things and removed those who were: Never used, I like it, I might use it, it doesn't fit yet and so on.... Things I have had for years, months or just weeks, nothing got a chance if I was doubting if I was going to use it. I am not big on Feng Shui but I believe in a cluttered home is a stuffy home. Not here mentioned that a house full of things are messy, my in laws have a lot of things and it's nice and tidy there but it's stuffy, you can feel it when you're there.
So I am big on supporting thrift stores, one (wo)man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure plus mostly thrift stores are run by companies who send the profits to charities so it's a win-win :P

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar