lørdag den 12. november 2011

Things in perspective

We all want to have more money, be thinner, have a straight nose, more sleep and so on and it's a common way of thinking, wishing and wanting more than we have or better things, one could say that it makes us stride to move up and onwards, fight and work for the things we want and need but sometimes I wish people would stop up and think things through. The basic needs, according to Maslow, are the physical needs such as food, water, air and such and most people in our part of the world have those needs covered, true there are millions of people around they world who does not have but I'm not going to get into that now.
When I talk to my different friends and family members it's clear that we are all very different in our point of view on life and for the most I find myself to be with the simple wishes and requirements, I don't care for brands, for going to the hairdresser every 2. week, having my nails done, having a fancy car and so on, I'm hereby not saying that I have shallow and superficial friends, just that we have very different views on what's important in life. I am perfectly happy with the life I have, sure a bit more money would help with less worries over finances but we manage and are not lacking anything, we have internet, cable for the telly, heating and electricity and always food on the table (if I'm bothered too cook :P ) I have a healthy happy son and a fiancée that loves me, sometimes more than other times but never mind that. I have friends who like and love me for who I am and a family that's there for me if I need them. In short I am not rich in material things but I am rich in love and friendships and that for me is more important than anything because as the Beatles sang: "Can't buy me love!"

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar