torsdag den 26. januar 2012

Baby food....

My mother is proud! Quinten will not eat the storebought baby foods such as fruit and vegetable so I have made all his food myself, ever since he started on fruit. I can see the benefit of making the food myself, I can avoid bananas which gives him constipation and I can make him try different fruits and vegetables such as papaya, mango, string beans, mushrooms (frozen) and so on. And no, I do not make him eat papaya and mushrooms mixed together, that would just be cruel.
Plus I know everything that's in the food, no added sugars and such... now here comes the other side of the story. My fiancé and his family seems to believe that it's better for the baby to get the storebought foods, the argument is that there are more vitamins and minerals in it - my counterargument is: what do you think they make babyfood from? and how do you think they make it last as long as it does? Steve normally doesn't continue the argument due to his final statement: "You're the one feeding him, I cannot control what you do when I'm a work!" Right he is.... and here should be mentioned that our son is happy, healthy and thriving so I guess I'm doing something right.

2 kommentarer:

  1. His family would prefer storebought food? You must be in Latin America!

    SvarSlet