onsdag den 25. januar 2012

Bits and bobs around the house...

We live in a rented apartment and sometimes I wonder why we pay rent, there are a lot of things which should be fixed but the landlord considers it 'minor repairs' and therefore we should do them ourselves. Honestly, the kitchen window is unable to open to one side and the other one is hanging on by dear life. I have a hammer next to it for when it does not want to close and a knife for when it does not want to open.
Out toilet is leaking so we have to open the faucet every time we need to use it, not to mention remembering to close it again which is something I forget constantly much to Steve's annoyance but what does he expects of me, I have a child who seems to believe that once I go out the living room door I am gone and will never come back and I am certainly not going to bring him like my sister in law does.... I need some kind of privacy!
There are no lists keeping the flooring down and the gaps are a perfect place for dust to grow and expand. The connection point where the flooring was too short (which runs through the living room - right in the middle) is coming off the floor because the tape we used to put is down is wearing off and the dust is taking over, it needs some kind of seal and Steve promised to make it..... a looooong time ago.
There are drill holes in the ceiling from when he tried to put up lamps, they 'just' need a bit of filla and I'm too short....
I know I am able and capable to fix most of it, but I also know that men have some strange syndrome called: Pride

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar