mandag den 23. januar 2012

The devil child...

I swear, sometimes I doubt Quinten is my son and not the spawn of the devil, how anyone can get so red-faced and so hysterical over what appears to be nothing. And how I just love the advice: "Just let him cry!" That's just too easy for family/friends/pediatrician to say. I can honestly say he does not stop by himself, I have let him cry for hours (yes, I am evil) and unless I can guess/find out or magically conjure just the thing he wants/needs it does not stop.
As he is growing, now over 8 months, and we're starting to tell him 'no' to thing (e.g. pulling the curtains, putting his pacifier into the radiator, reaching for remotes/coffee filled mugs/anything dangling and fragile) he either starts with the crocodile tears or he gives a big smile and continues, but only with me. When papa says no to him, he quickly pulls his hand back and starts scratching his ear. Tone of authority? Respect? I don't know but it sure it annoying considering the fact that I am the one home with the boy all day, feeding him, changing diapers/clothes and so on. Being a mother is indeed an ungrateful job and not just because of the workload, also the lack of respect and appreciation (from the child :P) But I do love him, of course I do but sometimes it's a bit harder to say out loud than other times.
And sometimes I just laugh a bit too hard when reading http://1000reasonsimabadmom.com/ I completely understand and have to agree with her in the message between the lines, we're not always happy, cheerful and smiling - there are crap days too.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar