lørdag den 29. oktober 2011

Beauty and beyond...

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" "Beauty is only skin deep" Yada yada yada... Today we live in a world where you are very much judged by what you wear, what you look like and if you do something about your appearance. We'd rather have beautiful friends than ugly ones, none of the girls wants to be the 'friend' to the gorgeous girl, we all want to be the gorgeous one but why? is the position as 'friend' less than the attention receiving gorgeous one? I personally do not like being the one getting attention, I feel it's a pressure to live up to and you cannot really be who you are. The "Shut up and look pretty" is too strong and you end up spending time with people who do not care about who you are but rather what you look like. To me that it's the ultimate downfall, one should never forget what happened to Narcissus, the Grecian who fell in love with his own reflection and fell in the river and drowned. I'd rather be average than dead :P And I'd rather be me than pretending to be perfect because, as we all know, perfection is an illusion. So yeah, make-up is not something I put on every day and since the baby was born, clothes are considered clean if there is no puke or poop on it. I do work out, not for my appearance but for my health not to mention, the little one loves lying on my legs while I do sit-ups - it's a win-win.
All in all I believe that you should look the way you want, not care about what people might think and generally be who you are because no one else can :P

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar