tirsdag den 11. oktober 2011

Nesting

I called my mum in a slight state of panic the other day and asked, very seriously, if there was something wrong with me, I mean, apart from the usual.I have cleaned and cleared out clutter, I repolstered the dining room chairs, polished all the wooden furniture we have, sewn pillows for the couch, ordered covers for the couch and chairs and cleaned my kitchen several times a day, here it should be noted that I also dirtied the kitchen in between by baking, making baby-food and trying out new recipes. My mum's always clever answer was: "No honey, that is perfectly normal, when the seasons change you prepare yourself for a new period, in the autumn you prepare yourself to spend more time indoor and make the home cosy" It makes sense, in the spring you spring-clean and air out to get the last of the winter's dust out of nooks and crannies and to enjoy the freshness, in and out.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar