onsdag den 26. oktober 2011

Money - pro or con?

Then after the first-hand impression you're asked what you do for a living, where you live, have a house? and so on... it's something that often puzzles me, I simply do not get it. Some of the most genuine and kind people in the world have/had nothing, here should be mentioned that I am referring to Ghandi, Mother Theresa, The Dalai Lama and so on. The children who can play with hand-me-down toys from older siblings or cousins are considered well-mannered and well-raised and the ones who get anything they point their grubby little fingers are at the spoiled brats. It's funny how we teach our children that less is more though we ourselves live by the rule that the more you have the better you are. I often have the conversation with Steve that I don't care about money, yes, it's nice to have but it doesn't make you happy, we live on a very tight budget and often it's the cause of concern but I'd rather be happy and generally I am. Like the Beatles said: "Can't buy me love". My cousin hasn't got a penny to his name but is still overly focused on wearing designer brands because it makes him who he is. I couldn't care less to be honest, I think it's a waste spending 500 Euro on a pair of jeans when you can get some of an equal quality for 50 Euro, of course I do have a pair of Lewis jeans and some T-shirts who have cost more than I want to admit but they are not my favourite, they are not the ones I wear on a daily basis and actually 'make their worth' In my world, the clothes you wear the most, are the ones that is worth the most, no matter what you spend on them/it.
Borrowed feathers cannot make a raven into a peacock but the raven can fly and the peacock can't
So why are we so focused on it? True: money makes the world go around but if it's not the main thing that makes your life richer then why strut yourself?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar