onsdag den 12. oktober 2011

The evil stepmom

Yup, that's me. Steve has a lovely daughter form a previous relationship (yes, we are a modern family) Kate turns 3 this November and lives aprox 150 km from where we live which makes the trip to go get her every second weekend a very long one but so worth it. What she visits the house gets turned upside down, we have to go visit grandma and grandpa and maybe the uncle and aunt unless they come to the grandparents house as well. Steve loves his daughter and that was one of the things that made me fall in love with him, he's a great father and spoils his daughter rotten, which is both good and bad. To be honest, I am the strict one, I'm the one that sets the bounderies and tell her off most of the time and it's annoying and hard, I love the girl as if she was my own but as strict as her 'real' mum is as soft and allowing is her father which causes problems from time to time. Understandable really if you ask me. The girl only speaks Dutch, a language I am only learning so often when she says something, I do not understand plus when I have to tell her something, I often have to as Steve to translate and with the attention-span of a teaspoon the moment is gone and she's thinking about something completely different. Steve and I agreed from the very beginning that we would set the rules for Kate as we would for our own children, Bianca (Kate's mom) told Steve off again and again for allowing her too much, for not calming her down and instead letting her run amok on a sugar rush. My opinion is that kids will be kids but that they develop best with guidelines and solid rules - a point of view Steve and I do not always share but we come to terms with our disagreements and try and make the short time we have the little rascal as pleasant as possibly.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar